Wednesday 12 November 2014

World Kindness Day – How I Celebrated It Last Year

November the 13th is celebrated world over as World Kindness Day, the day we all do one thing nice for somebody else.
You do not need to learn to be kind from a handbook. It comes naturally to all human beings. The moment you put yourself in somebody else’s shoes, half the confusion is over.
Although we all should be kind all year through, but on this day a special effort is totally justified. I still remember how I spent World Kindness last year. Read on more to know all about it.
1.  Give Compliments
On this day last year I made it a point to give compliments to at least three people I met. And they were genuine compliments that made their day. On my list were my daughters teachers, my neighbor and my friend with whom I jog.

I also went to an old age home nearby and spent a complete day with them, helped them with their daily tasks, had mini enjoyable sessions. To my wife's surprise, I cooked some food too for them.
2.  A Hand Written Note
Next I wrote a note to my wife to thank her for being such a wonderful, wife, mom and my friend. I also realized how much difference a hand written note makes. Next on my list were a few of my neighbors. 
3. Said Good Morning
In our morning rush we sometimes even forget to exchange pleasantries. I made it a point to wish a pleasant good morning to everybody I met in the elevator that day. And have decided to do this every day.
4. Cleared the Park
I jog in the park daily and also take my kids there to play. On 13th November I decided to clean it up too. I took a garbage bag with me and picked up all the litter I could see. Soon my friends joined me and made the place spick and span.
5. Spread the Message on Social Media
I decided to spread my cheer to the virtual world too. I spent the next 24 hour spreading positivity all around on all social sites. People were surprised at first but soon responded with more positive messages.

It was a happy day for me and I have a lot of plans this year too. This may include:
1. Helping poor children- at least 5.
2. I like visiting old age homes, so I will visit them this year too.

What is your idea of celebrating this day? Tell us in comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment